Friday, March 13, 2009

New tools for my old English!


So, this blog is going to be my personal learning environment and I hope it will be!! Indeed, Thursday we marked our comments to the post published in 'bloggingenglish' and I realized that I had done my usual boring mistakes. So I really hope to improve my written English thanks to this new tool, too.
Last week I wrote down my next language learning targets. The main points were: to achieve more self-confidence as far as oral language is concerned, to be more careful in writing and to widen my vocabulary. I wrote down that I will devote some time to achieving these targets. I usually read in English as much as possible to improve my lexicon and I'll go on doing it. Furthermore, I now and then watch movies and TV series in English; this surely is a good exercise to practice but with greater frequency, at least three times a week I suppose.
Honestly, I have to say that last week I didn't do everything I wrote on my learning target sheet. I completed my reading of "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone", which I found very interesting. This book is enough easy to read and in the same breath involving thanks to the sudden events coming one after the other. I recommend it to you if you wish doing a light and easy reading! On the other hand, I didn't watch any movie in English; however, this week I'm
going to practice a little bit more.
Unfortunately, while I was surfing the Net I didn't found anything that might help me achieving my learning targets. I felt overwhelmed by the vastness of the blogosphere and for this reason I didn't find anything interesting as far as language learning is concerned. I suppose I need to look for a blog containing podcasts to download, for example British or American radio programs.
As you might have understood, I'm not very familiar with these tools! For this reason feel free to suggest me anything useful. I think I need to be updated!!

See you next week and have a nice week-end!
:-) Chiara


Photo Source

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chiara! Have ever been abroad or done any erasmus projects, worked in a foreign country? I think such experiences are the best alternatives to improve your interaction skills in a foreign language. However, the blogging experience we are doing now is also very useful even though we are all italians who are still improving their English. Hopefully, I will try to find useful links for our language learning.. I am positive anyway, even though I still think that books, movies in the original language and "old methods" are the most suitable ones. Do you agree? see you Chiara! Bye! Arianna

    ReplyDelete