Saturday, March 21, 2009

How to save time with a feed aggregator


So, we learned how to use a feed aggregator, and in particular Bloglines.
What can I say about it? I didn’t find it very difficult to use probably because now I feel a little bit more self-confident since my knowledge on web 2.0 and blogs is growing. However, like everything we did before this, I ignored the existence of such a tool. It is really a useful and well-organized tool for everybody using Internet because our lives are so frantic that it becomes essential to save as much time as possible!

I looked for some American and English on-line newspapers like L.A.Times and The Times. However, what I found really interesting as far as my language learning purposes are concerned were the BBC radio programs. I think they can be very useful for me but also for you. Indeed, the web-page called “BBC Learning English” contains useful materials for any English learner and in particular I listened to a program called “Business Language To Go: Part 1” which can be useful for our homework for Professor Taylor, too. It is the first episode of a set of recordings called Business Language, and it talks about job interviews.

Have a look at it, or better listen to it!
That’s all for now!

Hear from you soon :-)
Chiara

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chiara! Yes, it’s true: it isn’t difficult to use Bloglines! I think Bloglines is easy to use because it’s well-organized, as you wrote. I had never heard of this tool, too. And now I’m starting to think there must be so many things on the Internet that I don’t know!!! I searched for “Business Language To Go: Part 1” but I found “Get That Job”(here is the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/business/getthatjob/index.shtml), I don’t think it’s the same page that you read…
    I noticed you are using “Indeed,” instead of “in fact” as Sarah told us! :-) What else can I say about the language used in your post??? Maybe this sentence “However, what I found really interesting as far as my language learning purposes are concerned were the BBC radio programs.” sounds like an Italian sentence… you should avoid “what” and write for exemple “As far as my language learning purposes are concerned, I think the BBC radio programs are the most interesting tools”. What do you think, is it ok?

    See you on Thursday,
    Ilaria.

    ReplyDelete